12/1/17

Gathering Graces 11/30/2017

*One cup of black coffee is the norm for me each day.  If it is a weekend, I will occasionally have two.  This morning, I had a bit of coffee overload.  I had my normal cup of coffee at home this morning, with a little dash of egg nog.  Then I had a meeting at the District Office, and Nancy Larsen offered my a Caramel Latte coffee drink.  It smelled wonderful and so I said yes. (And it was really good!!)  Then Thursday was Coffee Day at KHS, when the students make coffee and you order it and have it delivered to your office.  So then I had that coffee.  I was petty hyped up and buzzing around all afternoon!
*Paul ended up down in Pocatello and couldn’t find his phone.  His charger made it, but not his phone.  I got a few emails from him, but it wasn’t the same as being able to talk to him.  Cell phones have really spoiled us!  I remember when Paul and I were living apart the year before we were married, and we could only afford to talk on the phone once a week, because the long distance charges were so expensive. 
*I had feeling I wouldn’t be tired this evening, and I was right.  It was 11 p.m., and I was still wide awake.  But by the time I eventually made it to bed, I did fall asleep.  I saw a new show on Hulu this evening called There’s Johnny about a kid from Nebraska that takes a bus to Los Angeles and ends up working on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.  I like the element of seeing old clips from the Johnny Carson show.  I don’t like, what I would describe, as the “HBO” feel of it.  I will give it a few more episodes, but it may be a bit too much for me.  As my daughters often say, “It is a really good show, Mom, but I don’t think you would like it.”
*This morning after I dropped Nikki off after we walked, I drove uptown. On both ends of McKinley Avenue, lights have been put up, and it was so peaceful driving through uptown Kellogg.  A truly beautiful sight.

No comments: