12/27/17

Gathering Graces 12/26/2017

*It was nice to have a slow, leisurely morning.
*Around 11 a.m., the family piled into two cars and drove to Coeur d’Alene to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. We arrived a little early for the show, so we went to Starbucks, and I enjoyed a Flat White. Then we went to the theater and stood in line for a small amount of time, and then went in and got our seats.
*The movie was great. It was a Christmas present from my brother Bill and his wife Debbie to our family. For me, it was the classic telling of a Star Wars tale. It was very entertaining.
*After the movie, Cosette took one car to go visit a friend. The rest of us went to Pho Thanh and Cafe in Coeur d’Alene for something to eat. I enjoyed a delicious Chow Mein dish, and most everyone else had Pho soup.
*It had been snowing quite a bit in Coeur d’Alene, but once we got on Interstate 90 to drive home, the roads were not bad. Cosette made it home a little later, and she said it was a little slick driving home, but not bad.
*The evening was pretty leisurely as well. I put in my new DVD, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, (the 1967 animated version). I enjoyed watching it, and the Special Features. Paul and Zoe worked on a new jigsaw puzzle. After Cosette arrived home, we watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Travis worked on his new puzzle. I also completed one of the Dot to Dot pages in my new Dot Dot Dot book.
*It is so nice to have these opportunities to do things together as a family. What a nice day we had.

No comments: