3/6/17

Gathering Graces 3/5/2017

*More snow covered Kellogg as I ventured out this morning to visit Mom.  It did make things look beautiful!
*Spent the afternoon cleaning house before the family came over for dinner.  I always love taking the time to clean.  It feels and looks so much better.
*For tonight’s family dinner, I got the Bone In Ribeye Steaks from Mom’s freezer and looked up how to prepare them.  I tried something new, and it did not disappoint.  Thank goodness.  I wasn’t sure how this was going to taste, but it was DELICIOUS.  I made Pan Seared Steak.  I borrowed Mom’s cast iron skillet, and used our cast iron dutch oven.  You heat up butter and olive oil on high on the stove.  You season the steaks with lots of salt and pepper.  Then you sear each side for two minutes.  The recipe said to add fresh rosemary on the steak, but I used dried.  Then you put the cast iron skillet (or dutch oven) into the oven at 415 degrees for 6 minutes.  Then take them out.  Put the steaks on a plate, and pour the juice from the pan onto the steak.  Add a slab of bleu cheese and garlic butter on top, and let it melt and rest for about five minutes.  This was a very flavorful and tender steak.  If you want to check out the recipe it is here.  I would highly recommend preparing the Rib Eye steaks this way.
*It was such a joy having Mom, Christy and Everett over for dinner tonight.  Besides the steak, we had roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus, green salad and bread.  Such a lovely meal to share with my lovely family.

No comments: