4/7/14

Time Off



I am really tired tonight.

I think it is because I have had some time off.

Spring Break.

For the last week, my family here in Kellogg have all been on Spring Break. 

It was a pretty relaxing time. 

I traveled a little. 

A trip to the University of Idaho for Vandal Friday to get daughter Cosette registered for her classes.

A trip to Spokane to see Sister Act with some great friends.

Shopping in Spokane with Cosette to get buy a prom dress.

Doing some cleaning up around the house.

But, overall, just a lot of relaxing.

Maybe a bit too much.  Because today at work I did a lot of catch up work...nothing too strenuous, but I am now exhausted.

I guess I am  not used to the routine of work.  It is amazing how quickly we can lose that routine.

And it doesn't help to have a cat snuggled up next to me.  She is making me rather sleepy.

So, time to go to bed.  It is a little early for me (about 9:15 p.m.), but I have an early morning with my walking partner, then taking one of the dogs in for surgery tomorrow, and I am in 9th grade Earth Science classes tomorrow, showing them how to play "Financial Football".  The 8th graders loved it.  I hope the 9th graders do, too.

The following song keeps going through my mind as I write these words.  If you were ever a Lawrence Welk fan, or were somehow forced to watch The Lawrence Welk Show growing up, you will probably remember this song:

Goodnight, goodnight, until we meet again
Adios, Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehn 'til then
And though it's always sweet sorrow to part
You know you'll always remain in my heart
Goodnight, sleep tight, and pleasant dreams to you
Here's a wish and a prayer that every dream comes true
And now 'til we meet again
Adios, Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehn
 
GOOD NIGHT!!!

No comments: