4/27/14

Seattle

Every once in a while, it is fun to visit the city.

This past weekend, I spent my time in Seattle, Washington.

Seattle was the first big city I ever visited, when I was 16 years old.

I loved it then, and I continue to love it now.

I helped chaperone a trip for the Kellogg High School band.  They went to compete in a band competition, which they played in on Friday night at Auburn High School in the Performing Arts Center.  Both the Concert Band, and the Jazz Band competed.

On Saturday we started our day out at the Woodland Park Zoo, which I haven't visited since my honeymoon in 1986.  I loved seeing all the different kinds of animals at the zoo.







Then it was off to Pike Place Market.  I could have spent hours there!!

 I have always wanted to purchase a bouquet of fresh flowers from the market.  Well, I did this trip, and brought them home to brighten up my living room.

We also got to visit with our cousin Nicole Peoples who lives in Seattle.  She came to see us after she got off work.  It was so great to see her!!



Then we visited the Seattle Aquarium.  I loved the octopus, the harbor seals, and the otters.



 
That evening we loaded on the Good Times II Argosy cruise boat and went to the Tillicum Village on Blake Island for a delicious Native American Salmon Dinner.  This is the award's ceremony and dinner for the band competition.

 Chris Cagle and Coco were the only two who were on our trip four years ago.

 Here are our Senior Band members, Curtis Briggs, Caroman Turner, Coco, Chris and Alex Galford. 
 The delicious Salmon being prepared.
Yummy dinner!!
 
 
Today we went to the Seattle Center, and spent some time at the Experience Music Project museum.  It was fascinating!!  I really enjoyed the whole thing.  They had to Sword Throne from "The Game of Thrones" show that you could sit in and get your photo taken.
 
Seattle is a city I would like to have the chance to linger in while visiting.  I told Paul we needed to plan a getaway this summer and go over and visit.  Then we can linger and take our time, and enjoy some of the things that The Emerald City has to offer.



1 comment:

Gathering Around the Table said...

You are so right. Seattle is a place to savor. I am so glad you brought home a bouquet. If you and Paul decide to do a getaway, I can tell you some fun places to go. Great post.