4/6/14

Mercy

I have been a bit grumpy lately.

I have been feeling unsettled.

I have been negative and out of sorts.

Little things have been really bugging me.

I need some mercy.

I came across this poem on this blog here, and it really speaks to how I am feeling right now.

Mercy
Lord, have mercy
When I stray
As I struggle
through this day
Holy Spirit
Give me direction
Lord, have mercy
When I fall
Help me stand
Not have to crawl
Holy Spirit
Lift me up
Lord, have mercy
When I slip
And unpleasing words
Pass my lips
Holy Spirit
Guide my words
Lord, have mercy
When my heart
Holds a grudge
And keeps me apart
Holy Spirit
Help me forgive
Lord, have mercy
When I doubt
Wondering what
This trial’s about
Holy Spirit
Grant me faith
Lord, have mercy
When I don’t know
How to endure
Pain and woe
Holy Spirit
Impart Your wisdom
 
This song by Michael W. Smith also really spoke to what I am feeling lately.  The lyrics to this song are below if you want to listen to the song and look at the words, too.
 
Lord Have Mercy
by Michael W. Smith
Jesus, I've forgotten the words that You have spoken
Promises that burned within my heart have now grown dim
With a doubting heart I follow the paths of earthly wisdom
Forgive me for my unbelief
Renew the fire again

Chorus
Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy 
Lord have mercy on me
Repeat

I have built an altar where I worship things of men
I have taken journeys that have drawn me far from You
Now I am returning to Your mercies ever flowing
Pardon my transgressions
Help me love You again

Repeat Chorus

I have longed to know You and Your tender mercies
Like a river of forgiveness ever flowing without end
I bow my heart before You in the goodness of Your presence
Your grace forever shining
Like a beacon in the night
 
 Real wisdom, God’s wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor.
James 3: 17-18

No comments: