6/8/18

Gathering Graces 6/7/2018

*It was a beautiful evening as Paul and I walked through the first evening of the Kellogg Farmer’s Market tonight.  There was a large variety of vendors selling anything from clothing to jewelry to plants to pottery to cheese. It was the cheese where I tended to gravitate to this evening.  I brought home two delicious kinds to have for dinner tonight, both locally made, and located in Kelly Gulch in Pinehurst.  They were do delicious!!  The Cayenne Queso Fresco had a nice little spicy bite to it, and the Labneh had a very intense lemon flavor.  I can’t wait to go back to the market next week to try some different kinds!

Cheese made on local farms here in the Silver Valley.
*Today was my last “official” day as a Gear Up Site Coordinator, a job I have had for the past 11 years.  It has been a wonderful job over the years, and it was nice having a job that was on the school calendar with Paul and our daughters as they were in school.  My last day at work was spent doing some last minute Gear Up paperwork, helping interview candidates for a position at KHS, and then having our end of the year staff gathering after the students left.  They recognized the staff who are leaving and retiring, and I received a nice flower bowl and a card.  Then we did our secret pal reveals, and Jen Yasen had been my secret pal, and she gave me a wonderful bag full of goodies, including some gift certificates to local establishments, a journal, some chocolate covered blueberries and a jar of smoked salmon her grandfather had made.  Paul and I ate some of this for dinner tonight, and it was so yummy!  I also received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my two Counseling Center co-workers Elana and Dan, and a nice card. 
*I actually am not completely finished at the Kellogg School District until August 1.  I cannot retire until I am 55, and need some hours in July, so my official end date will be July 31.  So I still need to go clean my office out and do some work with the counseling staff over the summer before I am officially done!!
*When we returned home from the Farmer’s Market, I took the cheese we purchased, opened up the smoked salmon, made a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and onions in oil and vinegar, and opened up a bottle of wine we had been saving for a special occasion to celebrate my last day as a Gear Up Site Coordinator.  I feel really good about my decision to end my time at the KSD and move on to other things.  I am excited to see what things God has in store for Paul and I in the coming year.

Celebration dinner

No comments: