6/30/18

Gathering Graces 6/29/2018

*It was an early start this morning, with a 4:30 a.m. wake up call to get ready to head to the airport for my flight to Boise.  Paul and I got loaded up and were on the road around 5:20 a.m. and headed for the airport.  Paul dropped me off, and headed back to Kellogg to have a full day of teaching a Drivers Ed class from 8-10 a.m., then driving to Coeur d’Alene four times with students from around 10:15 a.m. to 4:15 a.m.  He did have a couple of students bring him coffee drinks in the morning to hep him make it through the day.
*My sister-in-law Laurie picked me up at the airport and we drove to her house so I could drop off my stuff.  Then we drove to Burton and Patricia Roberts (my in-laws) house to visit with them for a bit before we headed to lunch.  Kevin, Linda and Karlie Roberts were taking Burt and Pat to lunch, and we asked if we could join the party!!  We ate at a nice restaurant called Terri’s Cafe.  I had eaten here with a friend a few years ago, and it was named something else. 
*After lunch, Kevin took his dad to Starbucks for some coffee, and the rest of us went to The Village to do some shopping at The Loft to try and find Pat a dress for Karlie’s upcoming wedding.  It was so fun to see Pat try on some dresses, pants and a jumpsuit, and look great in all of them.  In fact, one of the salespeople was in awe of  the fact that Pat was 81 years old and looked so good!!  And, mission accomplished.  Karlie did a good job in picking out a dress for her grandma, and Pat came home with some wonderful new items for her wardrobe.
*Laurie and I returned to her home, and I needed a nap.  I was sleeping so hard that Zoe had to knock, then call on my phone, and finally ring the doorbell until I was finally awake enough to answer the door when she arrived.  (Laurie was in the shower...that is why she didn’t open the door.) 
*A little after 5, Zoe and I got into Laurie’s car, and she drove us to the east end of Boise so we could attend Mamma Mia! on stage at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival outdoor theater.  This was Laurie’s birthday gift to both of us, because of our July birthdays.  And it was the perfect birthday gift.  We had so much fun, it was a wonderful show, and, if you have never seen this show on stage, I highly recommend you attend.  It is really fun!!


No comments: