6/21/18

Gathering Graces 6/20/2018

*For many years, Nikki and I have had a tradition
of buying one another coffee for our summer birthdays. Since Nikki was gone this year for her birthday, we made up for it today by ending out walk at our local coffee shop, The Bean. Nikki’s dog Butters has been accompanying us on our morning walks, so he got to experience The Bean as well this morning. It was a nice way to end our walk and start our morning.


*My cucumber plants are not doing as well as I would like. I planted two different kinds. The pickling cucumbers have sprouted, but are still pretty small. The slicing cucumbers have never come up at all. So I went in search of cucumber plants this morning. When I arrived at Ace Hardware, I was happy to see that all their plants are now 50% off. And they had some cucumber plants. Armenian cucumber plants. So I purchased some plants, and we will see if they decided to grow better than the seeds are. I planted about 15 plants, so I hope to see some results soon. I noticed these plants, along with my summer squash plants, had a bit of powdery mildew on them. I had purchased some Soap Shield Liquid Copper Fungicide to help with this problem. (I seem to get this on my summer squash plants every year.) So I made up a batch and sprayed the plants, and hopefully it will get rid of the problem.














Armenian cucumber plants




*A big project we are tackling this summer is painting the exterior of our house. We will have most of the family here the first week of July, so we will be using their help to complete this project that week. So I have been playing around online, checking out paint colors, and trying to decide what color gray would look best and what color of blue trim would look best. I can upload a photo of our house online, and put the paint color right on the photo of the house. We are fortunate that Cosette and her boyfriend Taylor are painting houses this summer, so they will bring some experience with them to help with the process. This is a long overdue project that needs done, so I am looking forward to getting started!!t


*I walked around outside today and took photographs of the gardens throughout the backyard. Everything looks so colorful and healthy. This weather has been very nice to keep the flowers looking healthy.








*My cucumber plants are not doing as well as I would like.  I planted two different kinds.  The pickling cucumbers have sprouted, but are still pretty small.  The slicing cucumbers have never come up at all.  So I went in search of cucumber plants this morning.  When I arrived at Ace Hardware, I was happy to see that all their plants are now 50% off.  And they had some cucumber plants.  Armenian cucumber plants.  So I purchased some plants, and we will see if they decided to grow better than the seeds are.  I planted about 15 plants, so I hope to see some results soon.  I noticed these plants, along with my summer squash plants, had a bit of powdery mildew on them.  I had purchased some Soap Shield Liquid Copper Fungicide to help with this problem. (I seem to get this on my summer squash plants every year.)  So I made up a batch and sprayed the plants, and hopefully it will get rid of the problem.




Armenian cucumber plants

*A big project we are tackling this summer is painting the exterior of our house.  We will have most of the family here the first week of July, so we will be using their help to complete this project that week.  So I have been playing around online, checking out paint colors, and trying to decide what color gray would look best and what color of blue trim would look best.  I can upload a photo of our house online, and put the paint color right on the photo of the house.  We are fortunate that Cosette and her boyfriend Taylor are painting houses this summer, so they will bring some experience with them to help with the process.  This is a long overdue project that needs done, so I am looking forward to getting started!!t
*I walked around outside today and took photographs of the gardens throughout the backyard.  Everything looks so colorful and healthy.  This weather has been very nice to keep the flowers looking healthy.




Lots of color in the flower pots

No comments: