6/12/18

Gathering Graces 6/11/2018

*Paul and I took a nice walk around town in the evening.  There were some garden ornaments over in the Community Garden in the City Park that I wanted Paul to see, so we strolled through the park and looked at the garden.  If you haven’t checked out the garden, go walk by.  It is wonderful to see the flowers and vegetables coming up, and the creativity of the raised beds in the garden.  What a wonderful addition to our town.
*After we strolled through the park, we walked down Hill Street, and walked along the north dike road along the river.  I love walking along the river.  But every time I do, or anytime I mention to people that I live right by a river, it sounds strange to me.  I think this is due to the fact that, growing up, the South Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River did not seem like a river.  We called it “Lead Creek” for a reason.  The river was filled with mining waste from mines up and down the Silver Valley.  You didn’t go into the river.  It was by no means a recreational body of water.  If you wanted to swim or float the river, you went “up the river”, which was the North Fork.  But now the river is clearer.  Fish actually live in the river.  I think I would still be a little leary of eating any of those fish, or swimming in the Southfork, but I think some people do.  It is very beautiful.  On my morning walks, I cross it two times.  It is beautiful in the evening, when the sun is setting, like the photo I captured last night.  So I need to take advantage more of the fact I live less than a block from a river, and it is very calming and peaceful to walk along the banks.
*Today was the first day back at my summer job at the Sierra Silver Mine Tour in Wallace, working at the counter selling tickets and merchandise to customers.  The office is located in a new building on Cedar Street in Wallace.  The gift shop area is now much larger and spread out, and there is also an Ice Cream Parlor in the building.  I love all the changes, and I look forward to working there throughout the summer, and into the fall.
*I can’t believe Paul and I spent most of our married life not preparing lamb chops.  But I have recently discovered that preparing lamb chops is easy, they are delicious, and it is now one of favorite kinds of meat to prepare. 

No comments: