6/17/18

Gathering Graces 6/16/2018

*The morning began talking to April M Lee over in Italy.  My how an hour goes by quickly!!  Before we knew it, it was 9 a.m., and I needed to say goodbye, and head to work.  But I am so glad we are getting in the habit of having weekly conversations again.  I miss our weekly coffee get-togethers from when April lived here.  But these are an okay substitute until we actually get to meet together soon for another coffee date.
*Paul and I ate a quick dinner of smoked salmon, cheese and cucumbers and tomatoes, then went over to Christy and Everett’s for a bit.  When I got home I was a little cold, so I decided a bubble bath was in order.  Once out of the tub, it was straight to bed for me.  I was tired!!
*Lots of people in Wallace today.  We had full tours almost every half hour, and the carnival was going full force outside, and the Gyro Days was also going on in Wallace.  If you are not familiar with Gyro Days, a big part of Saturday was dropping a large ball in the South Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River in Mullan, and many people follow the ball all the way to Wallace to the Sixth Street Bridge, when it is taken out of the water.  This is called the Lead Creek Derby.
Tickets are sold, and people guess what time the ball will be removed from the water.  Here is a video as the ball is getting dropped into the water in Mullan.  (Thank you Shoshone News Press.) https://www.facebook.com/shoshonenewspress/videos/1836845593042331/

No comments: