6/15/18

Gathering Graces 6/14/2018

*Paul and I spent the day at North Idaho College attending the North Idaho Education Summit.
*The day was filled with learning about Tribal Sovereignty, and the history of Indian policy in the United States.  The purpose of learning this information is to help educators teach about different subjects from a different perspective. Paul and I thought this would be an interesting summit to attend.  Paul is taking it to learn some new things, and get professional development credit.  I am attending as research for the book(s) I am writing. Today’s summit has given me a lot of great information, and good contacts as well for my research.
*We met a woman named Erica who is the wife of one of the guys Paul coached basketball with at Meridian High School when his brother David was head basketball coach.  It was really fun to get to know her, and visit with her throughout the day.  Her and her family often come to Wallace in the summer and attend the melodrama.  We told her we weren’t performing in either production, but that I had written the script for the July show, Nightmare at Dream Gulch...or, Wake Me When It’s Over.  She said her family will definitely come and watch the show in July.
*I also saw my friend Stefani Limandri Hoffman, who was also attending the summit.  She is the  Gear Up coordinator and counselor at Lakeside High School in Plummer.  I also ran into a woman named Helen who had also worked with Gear Up during our first grant when she worked for the St. Maries School District.  And I also ran into Diana Wick, who had been Zoe and Cosette’s first grade teacher at Sunnyside Elementary.  She now also teaches in Plummer.
*The day involved a lot of sitting, so after lunch, Paul and I walked downtown to Calypso’s and bought a coffee and walked back.  It felt great to get out and stretch our legs. 
*It was a beautiful evening when we returned to Kellogg, and around 6 p.m., Paul met with two former KHS students, Steven Johnson and Ashley Braley.  Steven and Ashley are getting married in July, and Paul is officiating the ceremony.
*Christy and Everett’s remodel is complete, so we went over to check it out, and Christy also gave a report from her doctor’s appointment regarding her upcoming knee surgery.  It sounds like everything is falling into place.

No comments: