6/23/18

Gathering Graces 6/22/2018

*On this second day of summer, I enjoyed the freshness of the yard as I walked around and observed my different gardens.  This has become a new routine for me, to stroll around the yard and a look at how the gardens change from day to day, or from hour to hour.  For example, this morning, my peonies were still in bud formation.  By afternoon, they had blossomed.  I enjoyed being able to observe the change. 
*Another observation I have made is the change in my “inner garden”.   My inner garden is also transitioning into summer, and there is a different feeling in the pace of my life.  It has slowed down.  I have decided it is okay to have one thing to accomplish each day, and if I get nothing else accomplished, that is okay.  My own garden is watered daily.  My inner garden also needs watered.  To me, that is my daily prayer and quiet time with God, conversations with my husband about God, our future plans, writing my daily blog, reading a book, and working on creative projects, to name a few.  If my inner garden does not get watered, similar to my outside garden, parts of my garden droop.  Parts of my garden get stressed. Sometimes they die off if they lack water for too long of a time.  I don’t want a stressed garden.  I want a beautiful, lush garden that bring life and beauty to all who enter.  That is the same with my inner garden.  I want my life to be a beautiful, lush garden I can share with others, and I want my inner garden watered and fed so I am ready to talk and share beauty with others. 
*In anticipation of Paul’s brother Kevin and his wife Linda arriving for the weekend, I spend some time doing a little house cleaning.  (You know, with only two of us living here, these jobs don’t take quite as long as they use to!!)  Paul got home from teaching young students Driver’s Education around 4:30, and Kevin and Linda arrived around 5 p.m.  It was fun walking around the yard and giving them a tour of our gardens.  Around  6 p.m., Molly and Travis arrived, and we all climbed in our cars and headed up to have dinner at Radio Brewery.  We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, and some wonderful conversation.  We arrived back home, and Travis headed back to Coeur d’Alene, and Molly had a long week with her summer school training, and decided to head to bed.  Kevin, Linda, Paul and I stayed outside on the patio, enjoying a beautiful evening talking about retirement, church, our futures, and had a wonderful time.

No comments: