6/26/14

Patience

Tonight I had to exercise a lot of patience.

I found out that making a film is a lot about exercising patience.

But it wasn't really that bad.

I arrived at the Shoshone Building in Wallace at about 3 p.m. to get in costume and get make up on.

Nancy Hank, our director, had been there with Grant Turner and his brother Nate since 1 p.m.

When I arrived, they were finishing up some shots just of Grant.

Then I started filming around 4 p.m. or so.

I was actually a really fun process.  You shoot scenes.  And often you shoot the same scene from a different angle.

I spent a lot of time sitting on a stool in front of a cauldron.

We had a great group of people to work with. 

Nancy Hanks is the director.  Alex Heston is the Associate Director.

Joni Bartel is the Producer. 

Gordan Turner ran the camera.

Matt Frasier was the Boom Microphone operator.

Indy Behrendt worked on the lighting.

Carolyn and Nate Turner helped out whenever needed.  There was also a young girl who played one of the "pale ones".  I can't remember her first name, but it is Katelyn Pearson's little sister.

Then Grant Turner and I were the actors.

I learned I need to be subtle.  More monotone.  Less is more.

It was so exciting when you did a shot right, and Nancy, our director, got so excited!!

We go back again tomorrow evening to finish up the scenes in the Shoshone Building.  My next scenes are either outside or in the Dance Hall Scene. 

It is a very interesting process, and I look forward to seeing how the rest of the filming goes throughout the summer. I didn't leave tonight until 11 o'clock.  I spent 8 hours on the set.  Not sure how many hours it will take tomorrow night.

The name of the film is Across Bank Street--The Last Witch.

I am Pemphredo...The Last Witch.

If you are on Facebook, you can like the Across Bank Street-The Last Witch Facebook page and keep up on all the news about the shooting of this film.

Very, very interesting.

No comments: