6/7/14

Laziness



Today was a lazy day.

I arrived home at about 1 a.m. last night, so I got to bed late.

I got to sleep in, which felt great.

I was just kind of out of it all day today.  My mind and body needed a break.

I think that happens at the end of the school year.  Things just kind of shut down and need a break.

Yesterday was the last day of school.  I will go in Monday and pack up my room at KMS, so all the items can be moved to KHS.  Then I won't be working until the end of August.

I drove to Lewiston, which took about three hours.  Then I drove home from Lewiston, which was another three hours.

It was nice to have a leisurely day.  I took a bubble bath today.  I haven't done that in a while.  I took a nap today.  That felt really good.  I watched a movie....again, very relaxing.

Sometimes you just need a day when you don't do a whole lot.  You just kind of veg out.  No obligations.  No commitments.  Just a time to sit around and lay around, and do nothing.

Today was that day for me. 

And it was good.

I look forward to a summer of minimal commitments.  I will be in a film a friend is shooting in Wallace, which will take a bit of my time.

I am taking a ceramics class to learn how to make pottery....a lifelong dream of mine.

I will be working in the yard and garden.

I will be writing, and taking photographs.

A friend is coming up for a "retreat" and we are going to work on some of her creativity.

A summer of possibilities.  I'm not sure what all is going to happen, but I look forward to a more leisurely summer than I have had in a long time.



No comments: