4/27/18

Gathering Graces 4/26/2018

*Another beautiful day in the Silver Valley.  I came home for lunch and it was hard to get back to work.  I wanted to sit out in the sun.
*When I arrived home and went outside, I realized that is where I wanted to be.  Outside.  So I went and grabbed the book my friend Carrie Stuart Parks’ wrote, When Death Draws Near, and started reading it.  I had been trying to read it at night before going to bed, and kept falling asleep.  So I decided I needed to read more during the day, and that is what I did, and made much better progress. 
*While I was reading, Paul was busy working around me, putting up three posts around the patio area so we can string some lights around our patio.  I can’t wait until this project is done.  It will look so festive having the lights around the patio area.
*Nikki’s cold came on full force this morning, so we didn’t walk.  At lunch, I had stopped by the library to pick up a book I had placed on hold, and I also picked up one Christy had on hold.  Since I hadn’t walked this morning, I asked Paul if he would walk with me over to Christy and Everett’s house to deliver the book, and then I could get my walking in, too.  It was a lovely evening, and we saw the demolition of Christy and Everett’s house up close and personal, as we sat in the living room with no walls where there used to be walls.  It was just rows of 2 x 4s.  It will be fun to watch the progress.
*Earlier in the evening, I watched some videos on Rose Care and Pruning Roses.  Last fall I planted about 9 new roses in a bathtub in my backyard, and around the bathtub, and they are starting to leaf out, so it is time to fertilize them and prune them.  Since it is going to be another beautiful day again tomorrow, I am going to put that on my “to do” list.

No comments: