4/14/18

Gathering Graces 4/13/2018

*I took my time getting ready this morning in my room before heading over to the conference.  I actually watched a couple episodes of Say Yes to the Dress.  Sorry, not a fan of the show.  I will just leave it at that.
*I listened to some really good presentations today at the conference.  The first session had two women present about their challenges as mothers with mental health issues.  What wonderful testimonies and information they shared.  Another presenter talked about Social and Emotional Learning.  Attorney General Lawrence Wasden also addressed the conference, and gave a very emotional and sometimes hard to hear presentation on a case of criminal bullying in the town of Dietrich, Idaho, and what happened.  He was quite graphic in some of his explanations of the crime, but his point was, we, as people who work with students in our schools, need to stand up for the vulnerable students in our schools, and not allow a culture of bullying to escalate like it did in the community.  Our final Keynote presenter was a man names Michael Pritchard who was very good and entertaining, and a great way to end the day.
*Our Gear Up director Jacque and I hit the road with many of the others conference participants and headed out of Sun Valley and on the road to Boise.  Zoe met me near the airport, and I said goodbye to Jacque.  Zoe and I headed to Lucky Fin for dinner.  We both had a really delicious dinner. 
*Zoe found her way to my sister-in-law Laurie’s house, and Laurie had just pulled up when we arrived, and I unloaded my things, and we had a nice evening visiting.  Laurie moved into a new home last year, and I hadn’t seen it yet, so it was fun getting a tour of her beautiful new home.

No comments: