4/17/18

Gathering Graces 4/16/2018

*When I arrived at school this morning, the note I had left on my office door had been doodled on by my adorable husband, showing others how much I was missed.
*It is always interesting jumping back into things after being gone for about a week. My brain needed a jump start today.
*It was a rainy gray day today, but it got a little brighter toward evening. I even saw some blue sky!!
*During lunch a tag was on the front door from FedEx saying they were trying to deliver a package, but needed a signature. I signed the tag, and left it on the door. When I returned home, a package had arrived. My new computer!! Yay!! Finally I am able to use a computer with a functioning keyboard. But I didn’t use it much, because it needed many updates before it was ready to go. I was patient. I could wait.
*On Sunday as we were listening to messages on our phone, we had received a message that our new refrigerator had arrived out at Watts in Pinehurst. Paul spent some time this evening pulling the old fridge out and cleaning the space where it was, and hopefully we will get the new one delivered in a few days. Fortunately we have another one in the basement. In fact, we have been very fortunate to have that basement unit, because a few years ago, when the power went out because of high winds one November, the freezer in our current refrigerator quit working. So anything we needed frozen was taken to the basement. But I am looking forward to having it all upstairs again, and I am also looking forward to a dispenser for water and ice.
*There are many things weighing heavy on my mind, in a variety of areas of my life. I feel so inadequate. Maybe that is good. But it can be so overwhelming. I think I had this image of myself at this age, having all this wisdom, being a strong Christian woman, knowing what to do, but my life is not like that at all. In all the areas I feel like I should be doing well, I feel like a failure. Yet I know when I am weak, God is strong. So I may be right were I should be. I find it hard to tell with the whirlwind of life swirling around me. If you have a chance, pray for me. I need some clarity. I need wisdom. I need guidance. I need You, Lord.

No comments: