1/7/15

1/6/15 Blessing: Curled up by the Fire with a Good Book

I was very proud of myself.

I had never built a fire in our fireplace before.

We have lived in this house for 9 years, and I have never built a fire.

I did have to feed it a little more newspaper to keep it going at times, but it worked, and I made a nice cozy fire to sit in front of while I read my current Maisie Dobbs novel, "An Incomplete Revenge". 



It was the perfect antidote to my first day of being back to work, where my head felt a little fuzzy, and I was plagued with a headache all day. (I rarely get headaches).

After a soak in the bathtub, I sat and warmed by the fire, and was transported back to post WWI era England, as Maisie Dobbs encounters hops fields, gypsys, and the smoky streets of London, as she investigates her current case.

A quiet home, curled up next to the fire, reading a book, with my black cat Cozomo snuggled next to me, purring away.

A-h-h-h-h-h-h.

1 comment:

april said...

very nice. i could picture all of the cozy comforts. (and i need to catch up on maisie!)