1/19/15

1/17/2015 Blessing: Mom's Birthday Dinner

Instead of birthday cake, I made Mom cream puffs, just as she requested.


 
 
 
 
 
 

Saturday we gathered together at our house to celebrate my mom's 84th birthday.  Her actual birthday isn't until the 19th, but Saturday night worked the best for everyone to gather together to celebrate.

Besides Mom, Paul and myself, was my brother Bill, sister Christy, brother-in-law Everett and daughter Molly and her boyfriend Kai.

When family gathers together to celebrate birthdays, that is a real blessing.

The menu for the evening included baked ham, which Mom provided but I baked, using a glaze of the quince jelly I canned a few months ago from our quince bush in the backyard.   I also made a Greek salad, cream puffs for dessert, and tried a new baked bean recipe in my crockpot that was a big hit.

Christy provided the potato dish, and her and Bill partnered together to create a cranberry sauce that also cooked in the crockpot.  Bill also provided some bread and wine.

Christy also served up some interesting adult beverages before and after dinner.

The food was delicious, the conversation was enjoyable, and the company was the best.


No comments: