This summer, I have allowed myself to do some things that were kind of like being like a kid again. I haven't had a summer like this in a long time. Here are some things I did this summer that were fun, playful, and made me feel like a child again.
1. I hiked on the hill behind the house I grew up on, just like I used to do as a kid.
2. I walked behind Kellogg High School up to the reservoir, just like I did when I was a kid. But when I was a kid, we walked in the creek....I didn't do that.
3. I bought a Barbie Doll....for myself.
4. I slept out on a mattress in my backyard under the stars so I could experience a Super Moon and look for Shooting Stars.
5. I went to my sister's house two different times and had sleep-overs with my friends.
6. I sat around a campfire in the backyard, and roasted marshmallows.
7. I hung out with girlfriends I have known practically my whole life.
8. I made things out of mud. (Well, technically, it was clay, but close enough!!)
9. I weeded in my mom's backyard. (Yep, haven't done that chore since I was a kid).
10. I played make believe and got to dress up like a witch and be in a movie.
11. I had tea parties with friends.
12. I played Quidditch and went on a Scavenger Hunt at my daughter's birthday party.
13. I climbed up and down stairs in Wallace, Idaho,...because they were there.
14. I took delight in watching yellow flowers grow in my garden...especially when the Sunflower bloomed.
15. I enjoyed the beauty and wonder of the place I live in, and was amazed at the glorious world that God created.