2/9/14

Pugs

When we lost our dog Peaches last fall, eventually the conversation turned to wondering what kind of dog we would like to get next.

My choice is a Pug.

When I revealed my choice, I had mixed reviews.  It seems like people either love them, or not too fond of them.

I often get asked "Why a Pug?"

I have Frank to blame.

Frank, the pug from the Men in Black movies.  For some reason, this character made me want to have a Pug.

If you aren't familiar with Frank, or would like to see him again....watch this video.


As I have thought about getting another dog, I realize that I have never had a dog to call my own.  Peaches was really Paul's dog.  Sadie, one of our Pomeranians is Molly's dog, and Juliet, our other Pom is Zoe's dog....even though I feed them, give them water, and make sure they are happy and healthy.  They are not "my dogs".

I want a dog that is "my dog".  And I think this adorable Pug is just the breed to call my own.

I found a video on Pugs that tell all about them.  Basically, if I keep their wrinkles clean and don't choke them so their eyes pop out, I'm good to go!!


It is funny.  It is as if a campaign has started on my Facebook account.  Friends now let me know if there is a Pug out there in need of adoption.

If I do get one this year, it won't be until closer to summer, so I have more time to train it.

And I probably will be looking for a female, not a male dog like Frank.

And I bet this Pug will win over all you Pug naysayers!! 

That is my goal!

2 comments:

Tona VanVleet Leetch said...

Pugs are amazing. My son Paul got one for his daughter Drew. Her name is Boo. Boo had a puppy that my son faced me an I named him Kasey. Boo had more puppies 7 of them. We lost2 but we kept a little guy who my son named cleft. He had a cleft pallet. With the help of Paula welling our vet an Sarah Thomas we got him thru. We had the boys for 4years an they died about a headscarf. I am still missing my boys. They are my timeline photo. Once you have a pug you will always love them.

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Tona, thank you so much for your comment about your pugs. I looked at the photo on Facebook...so adorable!! I bet you do miss those boys!!