11/5/09

E is for Early

I love being up early in the morning, when the house is quiet, and I can just sit and think and meditate. I am thankful for this quiet time in the morning.

I am usually an early riser. I get up around 5:15 a.m. to be ready for my walk with NR every morning.

I like that time, when there is a hush over the house, the dogs and cats are curled up sleeping somewhere in my vicinity, and I can read the paper, read the Bible, pray and start out my day.

I like making a cup of my double bergamot earl grey tea in the mornings, with a little bit of honey, and relax and start my day off on a good note.

Some days don't allow this early morning luxury. I have a meeting, or have to be out the door earlier than expected. But the days I can have that quiet time, it is what I need to start my day off right.





21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.


Lamentations 3: 21-26

No comments: