3/24/18

Garhering Graces 3/23/2018

*After walking at KHS with Nikki, doing some writing and getting ready for the day, I met Christy at The Bean for a cup of coffee and a visit.  While there we got to see sweet little Sailor Rae Bates, Kaela Calabretta-Bates new baby.  She was so precious.
*Brother Bill joined us a little while later at The Bean.  After a bit we piled in Christy’s car and headed up to the cemetery where Christy placed a wreath on Mom and Dad’s grave.  We were glad there was enough snow gone that we could make our way to their grave without any trouble.
*When I had heard about Bill’s possible gout in his foot, I researched what essential oils might help the gout in his foot, and made a special blend of peppermint, lavendar and rosemary to rub on his foot three times a day.  I hope it helps give him some relief.  Last fall, I started rubbing Frankincense Oil on my foot two times and day, and I hardly have any pain in it at all. 
*When I got home I worked on my taxes a bit, but still haven’t completed them.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will get them done.
*When Paul got home around 3 p.m., we got in the car and drove to Coeur d’Alene.  Paul needed a haircut, and we were sorely lacking in fresh vegetables in the house, so I went to Costco to stock up.  We also made a quick stop at Shopko on the way home as well.
*I opened up a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and sauteed them in some ghee with some dried shallots, then added some cut up mushrooms.  I added some homemade turkey broth and let them simmer for a while, and served them with some broccoli, and a couple of sliced tomatoes.   Delicious!!
*I had one more episode of the third season of Broadchurch to finish tonight, so I watched that, and was a bit disturbed by the outcome, although it was a very good show, and one I highly recommend. 
*Then, on a more cheery note, we watched another few episodes of Big Dreams, Small Spaces, following Monty Don chronicle the creations of different gardens in England.

No comments: