7/29/14

Why Isn't My Home Office Done Yet?

Have you ever had one of those projects around the house that you just can't seem to accomplish?

I do!

It is my home office.

Two years ago, I decided to transform our guest room into my home office/creative space.

I started going through items in that room.

I put up a big desk made out of one of our old doors.

But after one day of sorting through items, progress came to a standstill.

And it hasn't progressed since.

The only thing that has changed in the room is more items have accumulated in there.

So, this is what the room looks like two years later.



This was one of the goals I wanted to accomplish this summer.

Get the old guest room cleaned out and organized so you will have a home office/creative space.

Paul emptied a book shelf downstairs that will be coming up to this room.

I spent time on Pinterest looking up ideas how I could arrange and decorate the space.

I even made a "To Do" list today, hoping if I broke down the massive job into little chunks or smaller jobs, I may make some progress.



So far, nothing has helped.  I have so many excuses.  It is too hot.  I am too tired.  I need to do this or that. 

I have 27 days until I have to report back to work.  I really want this project done before that time.

I think it is time to buckle down and get 'er done!

I used to joke about having house cleaning gnomes who would show up to clean people's houses.  I wonder if there are house organizing gnomes as well?  If so, I would like one of them to show up this week to help me out!!

1 comment:

Nita Jo said...

I thought those gnomes were supposed to be at my house this week! Lol! I really need to get myself motivated as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the transformation in your office. I know you're going to love having a nice home office!