7/10/14

Landslide

This morning I was taking Coco to her job at McDonald's and the Fleetwood Mac song "Landslide" came on the radio, and the words to the song stuck with me all day long.

I know I have been talking about being at a crossroads in my life, and this song really spoke to me today.

Landslide

I took my love and I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
Till the landslide brought me down
 
Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
And can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Oh oh I don't know, oh I don't know
 
Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older I'm getting older too
Yes I'm getting older too, so
 
I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I, I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too oh yes
I'm getting older too
 
So, take this love, take it down
Oh if you climb a mountain and you turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring you down, down
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well maybe the landslide will bring you down
Well well, the landslide will bring you down

As I thought about the words to this song, and my life at this moment, I wonder what the landslide is in my life at this moment that is bringing me down? 

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
And can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Oh oh I don't know, oh I don't know


I need to get rid of some things in my life, and make it through the ocean tides, that are sometimes wild and sometimes still.  What is love, and what are the things I love in my life, and can I handle this next season of my life that is coming my way?  These are some of the questions this song brought up today.

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older I'm getting older too
Yes I'm getting older too, so


Often it is hard to make changes in our lives.  I don't think of a person when I see the line "Cause I've built my life around you."  The you makes me think of all the busyness I have in my life, and how my life has been created around a lot of things, and that I need to see what is purposeful in my life at this time...at this crossroads.  I find time does make you bolder and able to step out and make some changes and decisions about your life, because my children are getting older, and I am getting older too, and I realize I don't want to waste my life with just busyness anymore, I want my life choices to have more purpose.

Like my word for this year....purposeful.

For me I have a landslide of things I am looking at in my life that I want to get rid of.....things that in the past may have been important, but because I am changing they no longer hold importance in my life.  Yet there are other things now that do hold a purposefulness and place in my life.

I am looking at my reflection, and asking myself some tough questions, and seeking the answers to help me make these decisions, so there will be a landslide of things fall from my life that I no longer want or need.

If you haven't heard this song in a while, enjoy Fleetwood Mac singing "Landslide".


No comments: