7/13/14

Vacation at Home: South Fork Riverwalk #2

I took another walk along the South Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River recently.  This time I went across Bunker Avenue and headed west on the south side of the river.

It took me about five minutes to walk to this trail.  The views of the river are very beautiful.  The banks of this river have changed so much since I was a kid.  There used to be just rocks along the river, no trees or vegetation whatsoever.  Now it is a very scenic walk along this beautiful river that flows through my hometown.




The beginning of the trail.
Signs at the start of the trail explaining the Ecosystem Restoration.

A Birdhouse on a pole.


Blue Wildflowers along the way.
Interstate 90 Bridge
Bench before I turned around.

The trail heading back.

View of Interstate 90.


River Beauty.

Who wouldn't want to walk along with trail with a view like this?


All this beauty, minutes from my front door.

No comments: