11/21/08

Pam's First Novel..."Little Lost River"

I was reading through my University of Idaho Here We Have Idaho alumni magazine, and flipped to the back to read through the Class Notes section, and found out one of my Tri Delta sorority sister published a book this year.

Her name is Pamela Johnston, and her book is titled Little Lost River. It is a coming of age novel set in Boise, Idaho in the early 1980's.


According to the Class Notes, Pamela grew up in Boise, graduated from the University of Idaho, and has an MFA from the Iowa Writers' Workshop and a doctoral degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia. She currently is an associate professor of English at Texas Lutheran University in Seguin, Texas.


I remember having a Literary Analysis class with Pam, and our instructor's name was Mason Tung. He was a wonderful teacher. In fact, that class changed the way I looked at literature, and writing.


Here you can see Pam's book at amazon.com.


I hope to get the book soon, and read it. From the description, it sounds like a very good book.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

Wow... I remember Pam and she joins good company that have attended the Iowa Writings' Workshop. Let me know what you think of the book.