11/7/08

Falling Leaves


The Leaves Are Green
The leaves are green, the nuts are brown,
They hang so high they won't come down.
Leave them alone till frosty weather,
Then they will all come down together.
Old Rhyme







Yesterday morning I went outside while it was still frosty out, and took some pictures. As I was snapping shots, it sounded like rain was coming down, but the sky was blue. It was because the leaves on the Tri color birch tree were falling so quickly, they sounded like rain falling. It was a beautiful sight, and a lovely sound to experience on one of the rare autumn mornings when the sky is blue and the air is crisp.







1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

A carpet of beauty....... but what caught my eye was the picket fences resting against the brown fence, with their rounded tops, just like the fence that holds my soul that I had a real photo on a little while back.....

x