1/6/08

Last Day of Christmas Break--Playing Catch Up

It is the last day of Christmas break, and we are playing "Catch Up". Z2, above, is working on her homework assignment that is due tomorrow. Yes, and the typical "mother" words came out of my mouth, "Why are you waiting until the last day to finish this?" But, alas, I am not a very good role model in this regard. I tend to be a procrastinator as well.

I am still playing "catch up" on laundry. What a long chore that has been. But the piles are dwindling, and at least I have some clean clothes to go to work in tomorrow.

Now I have two sibling assignments I am way behind on. I just got an email from Raymond Pert, who got caught up on his. Rats! I guess it is my turn.

I have caught up on some movie watching while on break. One day, PKR watched four movies, "Hairspray", "Mission Impossible III", "Mission Impossible I", and "The Fugitive". We also watched "U.S. Marshals" one day. I finished the first season of "Due South", and also watched a series I got from Netflix called "Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City". What a wonderful series, based on a series Maupin did in a San Fransisco newspaper in the 1970's about life in San Fransisco in 1976. Lots of drug use, homosexuality, and sex, but portrayed in a way that was very interesting. (If you don't want to see two men kiss, or women frontal nudity, then this isn't for you.) It came out on PBS in about 1994 or 1995, and was very controversial. But it was very well done, and the story and acting were great. It was interesting to see a younger Thomas Gibson, who is now on one of my favorite TV shows, "Criminal Minds". You will also see Olympia Dukakis, Laura Linney, and my new favorite actor Paul Gross. They also had audio commentary on three of the episodes, and it was interesting listening to the writer talk about how he created some of the characters based on his real-life experiences. As a writer myself, this was fascinating to listen to while watching the DVD.

I also had the pleasure of watching the first season of "Slings and Arrows" with Raymond Pert while he was here. It was fun sharing this with him, since he was the one who gave it to me as a gift. I look forward to watching season 2 with him next time he is here. (Possibly in February for Blogfest 2008 on Feb. 16th).

Have also been doing some organizing around the house. PKR actually cleaned enough to get his truck put in the garage. Now that is a big accomplishment. We still have a lot of crap to get through. But we are at least making progress. (Something to keep me busy while watching all those DVD's).

So, time to focus on Sibling Assignments while I am helping Z2 finish her project. But she is making good progress, so I think she will be fine.

No comments: