3/3/07

#8 My Tree-- Night View

Because they are primeval, because they outlive us, because they are fixed, trees seem to emanate a sense of permanence. And though rooted in earth, they seem to touch the sky. For these reasons it is natural to feel we might learn wisdom from them, to haunt about them with the idea that if we could only read their silent riddle rightly we should learn some secret vital to our own lives; or even, more specifically, some secret vital to our real,
our lasting and spiritual existence.
- Kim Taplin, Tongues in Trees, 1989, p. 14.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

The night picture is spectacular. The colors have such a calming effect. Again, I love the text you add each day. Such a nice way to start the day.

raymond pert said...

Hey! What's this calming effect! I have two calming sisters....dang...I thought my Marmite Live Blog was calming! How about Suzanne Somers in wearing the Porland Rose Garden? Wasnt' that calming?

Geesh!

: )