4/6/19

Gathering Graces 4/5/2019

*Sometimes it is nice to not have a full morning schedule of teaching.  I started out the morning with nobody booked for the 4 a.m. slot.  Then I had a Student No Show at 4:30 a.m. as well.  The advantage of this is being able to get a lot of your feedback done for the classes you have taught, and not spend as much time after classes to get it submitted. So I really didn’t mind only teaching four classes as opposed to my usual six.
*Walking felt really good this morning.  The weather was nice, and, again, it feels so good to get outside and stretch my legs after standing teaching for three hours.  And there is just something about breathing in that fresh morning air that is very invigorating.  We are very fortunate to live in a place that has such fresh air.  I often see parents of my students in China wear masks on their faces, because the pollution is so bad where some of them live.  I need to remind myself that everyone isn’t as fortunate as we in the Silver Valley to enjoy clean, fresh air.
*Since I was able to get a lot of my post class time feedback done early, I was able to nap a little earlier today.  I got up and got caught up on some things, ate lunch, and then spent some time prepping for tonight’s classes.
*Paul continues to transform the backyard in fun little ways.  He had  our croquet set out, and decided to mount in on part of our fence in the backyard....creating a kind of 3-D sculpture with the old croquet set.  I love it!! (See photo above).
*I think I had mentioned that I found out one of my students, Linda, plays the flute.  I had her in class tonight, so I got my flute out, and played a bit for her at the end of class.  I told her I wanted her to play for me during out next class.  And I said maybe we could play our flutes together.  She showed me some of the music she is working on.  She has played the flute for five years.  Her piece was pretty advanced.  I would love to hear her play!  I hope it works out during our next class.

No comments: