4/12/19

Gathering Graces 4/11/2019

*Paul headed down to Meridian today with three of his students for State Speech Competition.  When he arrived in Meridian, Zoe came and picked him up from the hotel, and they found out his dad had been taken to a local hospital, so Paul was able to go see his dad and visit with him.  My world view does not call the fact that Paul was able to be in Meridian at the exact time his family needs him there a coincidence.  I believe God, in His infinite grace and mercy, allowed Paul to be there when he needed to be there.  And I am so thankful it worked out this way for Paul, for Burt, for Pat, for our daughter Zoe, and for the whole family.
*I got caught up on my sleep today, and decided, since I am on my own for a couple of days, that I would get some take out for dinner.  I just really didn’t feel like cooking.
*Teaching children in China has got me curious to find out more about the country.  I am really rather ignorant about a lot of things to do with China.  I did a little research, and found a fascinating documentary on Netflix titled Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry.  As the film’s website states, “It is the inside story of a dissident for the digital age who inspires global audiences and blurs the boundaries of art and politics. First-time director Alison Klayman gained unprecedented access to Ai while working as a journalist in China. Her detailed portrait provides a nuanced exploration of contemporary China and one of its most compelling public figures.”  His vision and the way he forms his art reminds me some of the films I watched on Dale Chihuly at the museum of his artwork in Seattle.  Both of these men have these incredible visions of what they want to express through their art, and use other people to help them create their large pieces of art.  I find this type of vision incredible.
*My prayers continue to be said today for those I hold dear.  Thank you to those who are praying.  We so appreciate your prayers.
*Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5: 16-1

No comments: