4/5/19

Gathering Graces 4/3/2019

*The temperature this morning was a bit warmer, so our walking outside was a little more enjoyable than yesterday.  I love breathing in the fresh morning air, and watching Kellogg come to life.  And it is so nice to have it light out in the mornings once again.
*Before our walk, I had one of those “dream team” mornings with my classes.  I had six students I had taught before.  They are all good students with good attitudes.  They are all engaged in the class.  I enjoy each of these students.  This makes the morning even more enjoyable and the three hours I teach just flies by!!  It was a fun teaching morning. 
*Today is my father-in-law Burt’s birthday.  Paul called him this afternoon and they had a great visit.  What a wonderful man who has been such a Godly influence on my life.  And he has always been such a loving influence on Paul’s life....helping Paul be the incredible man he is today.
*The rain started falling later in the morning, so Paul decided to do some cleaning in our garage.  It actually is in pretty good shape.  But there were a few things that could be thrown out or organized better to make more room. 
*I spent this rainy afternoon involved in P.E.O. business.  I have taken over as Treasurer, and with this task comes some new responsibilities that I am slowly figuring out.  But by the time of our meeting this evening, I had the checkbook balanced, the report ready to give, and the budget for next year printed off to present. Whew!!
*Debbie Gibler shared a program at P.E.O. tonight that was very interesting.  She shared about what life was like for women back in 1869, when P.E.O. was founded.  She also brought in some of her own family’s history as well.  It was very interesting.
*Paul and I continue to learn more about wine as we watch The Wine Show on Hulu.  On one of the shows the focus was on celebrities adding their name to wine labels.  One of the wines they tried and liked on the show was Chateau Miraval Cotes de Provence from France.  The celebrities who make this wine are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.  Chateau Miraval is their summer residence. I was absolutely certain this particular wine was sold at Costco. When Paul and I went to Costco yesterday, sure enough, it was there.  So I had to buy a bottle to try sometime.  Here is the description of the wine on thewineshow.com website:
Sniff the aromas of Provence. Smell the ‘garrigue’ hillsides. Enjoy the fragrances of the rich and famous. ‘Brangelina’s’ rosé continues to enthrall. Your glass fills straight away with wild strawberries and herbs. And when you sip it, the wine has a cooling freshness for a day in the sun. Brad and Angelina, is this what your life smells like?

No comments: