2/3/08

Wow, it's been one year!!

My first tree picture on my first blog post, February 2, 2007.



On February 2, 2007 I started this blog. It has been one year.






Happy Anniversary to me.






It has been an interesting journey. I started this blog because of my brother Raymond Pert having a blog, and enjoying reading his posts.






My goal was to share stories about the Silver Valley, and the people who live here, and our family.






I think it turned into more a journal of our family and my thoughts. I would like to try and share more about the history of this area this year.






One of the nice things that happened over the year is meeting other people through their blogs, and making connections with people I probably would have never connected with otherwise. Many of these bloggers I have met through Huckleberries Online.


Another thing is the interaction I have with my siblings Raymond Pert and Inland Empire Girl. Besides our weekly sibling assignments that we share, I love learning about their lives and thoughts and memories as I read their posts. It has drawn us all closer together this year, and helped us learn more about one another.






I thank you all for making my life richer, and for your comments that give me encouragement to keep on writing and sharing.


Throughout the year, I took pictures of the tri color beech tree in my back yard. Well, that project has come to an end today.


Now have a new photo project. I will reveal that tomorrow.




I look forward to another year of blogging.


Thanks again, everyone!!

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy one year Blogiversary! I'm looking forward to another year of your thoughts and table talk. :)

Christy Woolum said...

Congratulations to you. Of course partly because of you I started a blog also. I will miss your picture of the tree, but look forward to your next venture.

Carver said...

Happy anniversary. Beautiful shot of the snow laden tree.

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed reading the blog every day (and even missing it when life got too busy for you to blog). Now that we live far apart again, it helped me keep up on family goings on. But just as importantly, it helped me get to know you in a whole knew way. I've contemplated blogging myself, but I'm not ready yet--to match your transparent, authentic style.

All my love . . .

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Thanks everyone. It has been a wonderful journey, and I look forward what is ahead this year.

MarmiteToasty said...

Happy Annie to you..... ya dont look ya age :)..... I LOVED every single word Im read.... what an inspiration you are.... as are all 3 of ya.....

x

R. Aastrup said...

As I wrote on your sister's blog, I've enjoyed reading yours over the past several months. I'm glad you're going to share more about your town as I've been very curious about its history. My mother is a Kellogg, you see! Shirt-tail relative of Rice Krispie Kelloggs =) Is this town connected to them in any way?