2/5/08

Take a Picture Tuesday: Morning Walks

After 120 My Tree pictures, I am moving on to another photo project this year.


Every Monday through Friday morning my friend Nikki and I walk about 40 minutes around Kellogg. I am going to take my camera with us in the morning, and take different pictures along our route and watch how the town changes with the seasons.


I thought for those of you who haven't been to Kellogg in a while, you may be interested in what it looks like. And, if you have never been to Kellogg, you may enjoy getting to know my hometown a little better.


This morning I took quite a few pictures to get started. But I'll probably only end up sharing one a day from now on.


But, for those of you who like the tree pics, don't worry. I'm sure I'll find ways of slipping in more pictures of the tree throughout the year as it changes throughout the seasons as well.


So, here are some pics from this morning's walk.

Our local ski resort, Silver Mountain Gondola Village,
looks beautiful each morning as we walk by,
with all the lights, and the snow piled high.

Here the gondola cars wait silently in the early morning hours to begin to make their journey on the world's longest single stage people carrier in the world, at 3.1 miles.

These trees in front of the Kellogg School District Office are beautiful to look at each morning, especially when they are covered with snow, and the lights stream through them from behind.

Stein's in no longer an IGA store. It is now Stein's Family Foods. No longer can one say, "I'm going down to IGA to pick up some milk." IGA no longer has a warehouse in Spokane, so the decision to go with Family Foods was based on the closeness of their grocery warehouse.

"Jolt n' Bolt", a espresso drive thru, had an early morning customer today. They are located in the Stein's parking lot, and serve good drinks. In fact, I treated myself to a Mocha today. I hadn't had one in months!!

Thus begins my new photography journey. Hope you plan to come along!!

5 comments:

raymond pert said...

I'm probably going to have to take my laptop to the shop to be repaired after flooding my keyboard with tears.

Stein's is no longer an IGA????

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I love the rhythm of the phrase Stein Brother's IGA. It's always sounded perfect to me.

I guess I'll have to try to hear the beauty in Stein Brother's Family F-F-F (can I say it?)

OK

Here goes

Foods.

Stein Brothers Family Foods.

I did it.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

It's okay. Take a deep breath. You can work through this!!

MarmiteToasty said...

Goodness, did you go out walking in the middle of the night? lol... I to crawl out of bed when its still dark, when the nippers start arriving, I would much rather to out walking in the dark, I LOVE walking in the dark....

I finks this is gonna be a great photo journey, I cant wait...

X

Yolanda said...

Happy blogiversary.I visit often.

Christy Woolum said...

NO MORE IGA!!!!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO... did Mom have a say on this decision? I am still going to call it Stein's IGA ... hard habits are hard to break. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!