2/2/07

Happy Groundhog Day!


No shadow seen by the groundhog today in my backyard. Looks like an early spring in the Silver Valley. Which may not be a good thing when you enjoy two ski resorts within half an hour of each other. Believe it or not, the above picture is a color picture, not black and white. It was of a recent dump of snow here in my back yard. Just so much snow, you don't see a lot of color.
**************************************************************
Today is the day to start my blog. My brother, at www.kelloggbloggin.blogspot.com has inspired me the last few months by his daily posts regarding growing up in the Silver Valley, his three beautiful things, and his new digital photography hobby. But what I have got the most out of his blog is getting to know him on a whole new level.

I guess that is what I want to accomplish with my blog. I want my readers to get to know the Silver Valley on a whole new level. Through my eyes. I love the stories about this area, and there are many. When I used to be a local journalist, my favorite stories were the human interest pieces about people who lived and grew up here, and the stories they would share.

I hope to share some of those on this blog. I also want to share some of my experiences about my daily living in the Silver Valley. Also my observations about living here. And share other people's observations about living here.

So welcome. I hope to hear from others who love the Silver Valley as much as I, and maybe I'll even get a few converts who want to come check this place out sometime. Yes, the fact we are a Super Fund Site is part of the history of this area, but there is so much more to know about us here. Enjoy!

No comments: