1/27/14

Favorite Number

For as long as I can remember, 5 has been my favorite number.

I don't remember choosing this number, but I don't remember not ever having five as my favorite number.

My friend April always had a favorite number, too.  Hers is 7.

We grew up together having favorite numbers.

I think I like the number 5, because I like the way it looks.

Also, 5 was always easy to multiply.

It was also easy to remember.

I actually found a website online where you can submit what your favorite number is, and why you like that number.  It is here:  http://www.favouritenumber.net/

I'm not much into numerology, but I found it interesting to see what the number 5 means:

Adventure, change, freedom, exploration, variety, sensuality, unattached, curious, experienced, periodicity, knowledge seeker, knowledge teacher, traveler, imagination, child-like, playful.

I am into believing what the Bible says, so I had to look up to see if there were anything significant about the number 5 in the Bible.

Here are a few things I found:

The number five represents God's grace seen throughout the structure of the tabernacle in the wilderness.
  • The pillars were five cubits apart and five cubits high.
  • The brazen altar was five cubits by five cubits.
  • There were five pillars at the end of the Holy Place.
  • The sides of the tabernacle were reinforced by five bars on each side (Exodus 26:26-27).
  • The inner covering of the tabernacle was composed of five curtains which were attached to five other curtains for a total of ten curtains (Exodus 26:3). Notice the double five pattern.
  • There were five original priests: Aaron and his four sons (Exodus 28:1)
Five is a number of preparation as the followings:
  • First five books of the Bible prepare you for Israel's story throughout the rest of the Bible.
  • The five wise virgins were prepared.
  • David, in preparing for Goliath, took up five smooth stones.
  • To prepare and perfect the saints for ministry, some are called to be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors or teachers (Ephesians 4:11-12). Through these five outlets goes forth the gospel of Jesus Christ. Surely, you are prepared to fit into one of these five because of God's grace.

I don't know how many of us have favorite numbers, and how many don't.  Because I never remember not having a favorite number, I find it odd to find out there are people who don't have a favorite number.

Anyone out there want to share with me what their favorite number is, and a reason why it is your favorite number?  You can also share that information at http://www.favouritenumber.net/

No comments: