12/17/08

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful...Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Here is what it looks like out my front door this evening. But I don't care.
Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Because I spent the evening in the kitchen, baking up some Christmas goodies. I had got a head start last Saturday, grating my big "zucchini that got away" and baked up about 24 small loaves of zucchini bread.

Tonight I baked three kinds of cookies for my annual cookie exchange I have with my Huckleberry Book Club. I think this is the fourth year we have gathered together at Christmas to share our special cookies with each other.


There are five other women in my book group besides myself, so we bring a dozen cookies for each person. Here are the plates filled with spumoni cookies, red spritz and chocolate spritz. I can't wait to see what yummy goodies I get to bring home on Friday.




It is also a tradition around our house to make some special Christmas drink mixes. Tonight I made our special Christmas Tea mix, and Hot Chocolate Mix.




Tomorrow I will put a loaf of zucchini bread and a bag of drink mix in a bag, wrap it with ribbon, and share it with friends as a special Christmas treat.



The following pictures are for Inland Empire Girl. I had told her Z2 and I had some new "Christmas looks", so here is the before picture...
And here is the after...
As the snow continues to fall, take a moment to watch this video. It should help warm you up as Dean Martin and Shirley Jones celebrate Christmas in California!!

7 comments:

Jenny Johnson said...

I love the new "do"!! You both are very cute...you look more like sisters than mother daughter.

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Thanks, Jenny. What a nice complement.

Christy Woolum said...

great makeovers "sisters"!

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Thanks!! Did you want the video? It cracked me up!!!

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Oops...I meant to say, did you watch the video?

Anonymous said...

Maybe I am biased but it looks like mother/daughter

Nita Jo said...

Hey there! I loved the video. I watch Bonnie Hunt show every afternoon because she always sticks in that old time nostalgic stuff. I was a huge Dean Martin fan!

Are you still coming down? Sorry didn't reply sooner... been off my game.

The new do's are so cute!!!

Hugs!
Nita Jo