5/7/07

My Tree--#64--Morning Has Broken


As sung by Cat Stevens

lyrics by Eleanor Farjeon
Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

4 comments:

Go Figure said...

all time great song. i'll be checking in on those track results.

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

This was the first song I taught myself to play on the guitar many years ago. A college friend gave me his old guitar, and I aquired the chords and a new hobby began.

MarmiteToasty said...

:) I had this song sung at my wedding....... shame he turned out to be a hawk and not a pretty little blackbird LMFAO.......

X

Anonymous said...

Is that the same Eleanor Farjeon who wrote one of my favorite short stories, "Faithful Jennie Dove"?