4/25/07

George Michael and Cyndi Lauper Sited at KHS 50th Reunion Concert

I graduated from Kellogg High School in 1981. This year marks the 50th anniversary for KHS. Tonight, anyone who had been in choir at KHS was invited to participate in a 50th anniversary concert. The choir director, Joy Persoon, asked PKR and myself if we would do a funny 80's song. So I came up with a skit where we played the roles of George Michael and Cyndi Lauper.

"George" started out with "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me" by Billy Joel.


"Cyndi" followed with Joan Jett's version of "I Love Rock and Roll" and also performed The Bangles hit "Manic Monday".



George sang one of his own hits, "I'm Never Gonna Dance Again".


They ended with "I've Had The Time of My Life", the theme song from "Dirty Dancing".



The Princess also performed tonight, as part of the KHS Select Choir. (In the middle in the gray sweatshirt).



She wasn't quite sure what to think of Mom and Dad's performance.

2 comments:

Go Figure said...

Well done George and Cyndi! The hair, classic. George's specs, well what more can be said? It looks to me like Princess was hiding tears of joy. But then that is just me.

Christy Woolum said...

As always, this is when I wish I lived closer and could catch these performances by Silver Valley Girl and family. You two look great!