12/7/07

First Friday at NIC


The Princess and I attended First Friday at North Idaho College in Coeur d'Alene today. She is planning on enrolling there next fall, so we went and visited the campus today.
It was fun being on a college campus, and learning about all the opportunities students have available to them as a student at North Idaho College. I told The Princess it almost made me want to go back to college!!
Right now she is planning on majoring in Theater. We filled out a short career survey during the session today, and Molly and I were both in the artistic category. And, as I looked at the list of careers in that category, I had already participated in about 6 or 7 of them. I guess I have made the right choices.
I'm excited for The Princess to move on to this next phase of her life (is she really a senior? Sometimes it seems impossible. Where have the last 17 years gone?), and experience college life.
After the NIC visit, we went and got the rest of our personal effects from the totaled van. (sniff, sniff)
I took The Princess to Moontime in downtown Coeur d'Alene for lunch. It is such a cool place to eat, and such wonderful food. I had a potato encrusted Ahi with corn cakes covered in a crawfish cream sauce, and The Princess had Roasted Tomato Ravioli. Yum! Yum!
It was a wonderful, beautifully sunny day in Coeur d'Alene today, and it was a bit scary driving over the Fourth of July pass a little less than one week after my accident, but I survived, and will travel that road again tomorrow as PKR takes Kiki Aru and I to the airport to fly to Boise for yet another adventure.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

That sounded like such a good day. I probably would get lost now if I went to NIC. I do believe it has changed quite a bit.

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

I love the shot of the campus from the air. I gave my life to the Lord, Jesus in that grove of trees between campus and the lake/river in the Spring of '73. I think they built the Science Building on that site around '74-'75. The picture brings back memories of my first days-years as a Christian. NIC will always hold a dear place in my heart because of that.