5/11/20

Gathering Graces 5/3/2020 Resurrection Celebration


Today we were able to meet the guidelines at our church and open the doors for our morning worship service.

We celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus today.

For the safety of our older church members, we wore masks to keep them safe.

What a glorious time to be together.

I am thankful for the many ways of being able to gather with other believers throughout the weeks we were staying home and social distancing.  I worshiped with people in New York City, worshiped with family and friends one Friday night through Zoom,  and worshiped with community members at the old Drive In Theater.

But there is always something special about gathering together with your own church family.

It filled my heart with JOY.

To me, wearing the masks during church was being a servant to my fellow church goers.  Especially those who are older.

It reminded me of a chorus I learned a long time ago...

"If you want to be great in God's Kingdom.  Learn to be a servant of all."

I am pretty sure we had it on a children's praise tape when the girls were little.

Here it is:



No comments: