1/10/12

Priority Number One


I'm home tonight enjoying some alone time.  I had some work to do to get ready for being in class with sophomores tomorrow, so I came home after my senior parent meeting instead of attending the boys basketball games with PKR, Z2 and KikiAru.  The Princess went to visit a friend, then off to Coeur d'Alene to see a movie with AA. 

This has been an interesting week.  I am now back to working full-time.  It has been a long time since I have had a 40 hour work week.  But I am so thankful to be able to have this job, and work with the students I get to work with each day.  And right now, the seniors are busy filling out FAFSA applications and applying to colleges, and filling out scholarship information.  So it is a busy time.

At the end of the month I start working at Kellogg Middle School again with seventh graders.  That will be fun, getting to know a new group of students and parents.

So, with this new schedule, setting my priorities is even that much more important.  I am slowly working into my new focus.  Part of my problem is I have way too many priorities.  I even combined and wittled down some, but I just have too many things in my life.  Which makes having a plan and goals for each week even that much more important.

I loved the verses in my quiet time this morning with the Lord.  I want Matthew 22:37-39 to be my Number One Priority every day..."Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it.  "Love your neighbor as yourself.  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

If I keep this my daily focus, all other priorities should fall into place.

One of my goals this year is to read our book club book each month.  This month the book I chose for book group is "Caleb's Crossing" by Geraldine Brooks.  It is a historical fiction story about the first Native American to attend Harvard.  One of my book club members just sent me a text about how the ending made her cry, and only one other book has done so, (and she blamed that on pregnancy hormones), so now I am very motivated to finish the book before I host our book club next week.  I can always use a good cry!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how the Lord will put the same verse in my face over a 2-3 day period!! Thanks for sharing your heart today Carol... hugs and hugs, Barb

Christy Woolum said...

I will be eager to see what you decide on for priorities. I am having the same problem. Sigh.