11/12/07

Eric Clapton - I Ain't Gonna Stand For It

My latest CD I have been listening to is Eric Clapton's "Reptile". This video is from one of the songs off the album. What I love about the video is how much fun these guys are having. Eric Clapton has been performing since 1963, the year I was born. I remember the first time I really heard about Eric Clapton or paid that much attention to him, was when one of my boyfriends in high school liked him, because he was a great guitar player, and this guy was learning to play the electric guitar. That was news to me. I probably didn't even realize he sang the song "Cocaine", one of his more popular tunes that seemed to be a popular dance tune in college. I always marvel at the longevity of the careers of these musicians who started in the 60's and how they continue to perform and how their talent has sustained them for over 40 years. If you have a chance, check out "Reptile" and enjoy. I love Clapton's bluesy guitar playing, and the variety of tunes he plays on this album.

No comments: