7/15/09

Harry Potter, Birthday and Sleeping In

I experienced something last night I have never done before...I attended the midnight showing of a newly released movie.

It was actually pretty fun!!

We went to Coeur d'Alene and the plan was to attend "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" at the Riverstone Cinemas. When we arrived, at about 10:30 p.m., the line was already in front of Starbucks. So we got in line, and waited to get into the theater. It was actually a very pleasant evening, and it was fun to people watch.

We even decided to get a little nerdy, and Z2 pulled out her mascara, and we all put scars on our faces as we stood in line. We were a little disappointed we didn't think to wear our Hogwarts robes like some of the people in line. Ha! Ha!

PKR, The Princess, our friend RG, Kiki Aru and me.

Once the line started moving, it didn't take long to get into the theater. We were in a little after midnight, and we sang Happy Birthday to Z2. The people in the theater burst into applause.

We had a pretty good crowd in our theater. No one was obnoxious, and people cheered and laughed at the appropriate places. It was funny during the previews how the crowd reacted to the new "Twilight" movie trailer. Lots of cheering on that trailer!!

I admit, midnight is a bit late, and I did catch myself dozing once or twice. But overall, it was a very enjoyable movie, with some very funny parts, and a lot lighter than the previous couple of movies. It is rated PG so not too many really scary parts.

We got home at about 3:30 a.m., and I got a couple hours of sleep before I got up and went for my walk with NR. Then it was back home, and I slept in until 1 p.m. Wow, I haven't done that in a very long time. Now I have been in a bit of a Zombie-like state all afternoon. Z2 wanted to bake sugar cookies, so I'm getting to go do that as soon as I am done here.

Happy Birthday, Z2. I can't believe you are 15-years-old!! You are a very special and precious gift to me. I love you very much. Thanks for the fun evening!!
Me, Z2 and PKR

2 comments:

Nita Jo said...

Give Z2 a Happy Birthday Hug from me! It looks like you all had such a fun time. Love the lightening bolts!

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh what fun, and what a great start to a birthday..... happy birthday wishes Z2.... my Jacob thinks your 'hot' LOL

There is a lot to be said about arranged marriages ;)

x