4/3/08

Visiting With April in April

I have three special people in my life named April. One lives in western Washington. One lives in southern Idaho. And ones lives with me here in the Silver Valley.



I could find no better way to celebrate the fourth month of the year than to have breakfast with one of my friends named April. Since she lives the closest, April from Kellogg had breakfast with me this morning.



She has a habit of going to coffee at a certain restaurant in Kellogg every morning, so I knew, if she was in town, she would be available for breakfast.



I called her last night, and found her at home. She said I must have been reading her mind, because she had been at coffee that morning, and saw three ladies having breakfast together, and thought how fun it would be to have breakfast with some lady friends. Plus, she had been thinking about me, and realized we hadn't seen each other in a while, so, as she put it, my call and invitation was very serendipitous.


We discovered each other when we were both working on a project as board members of the Staff House Museum here in Kellogg. April and I worked on creating a pamphlet to hand out to school children who came on field trips to the museum. April is the artist. I am the writer. Our talents complimented one another, and, through this project, we formed a bond.


One of the things I love about April is she is about 15-20 years older than me, and it is so fun having such a good friend with a different perspective on life. She is such a joy to be around, and she always inspires me to do more creative things.

It was fun to hear about her playing the bass fiddle in a bluegrass band last summer. And she has now moved onto another band.

April likes to journal with pictures in a sketch book. I love it when she shares with me her newest creations. She owns chickens, and frequently chickens are the subject of her drawings.

I'm glad I got to spend one of the first days of the month of April with my wonderful friend April!!

4 comments:

Cedar Street Kid said...

SVG-there is nothing like old friends.Evryone is talking, but not many are communicating.
April,huh? The only thing that you need in addition is"April In Paris"-one of my favorite songs1

MarmiteToasty said...

April sounds delightful and she must be special cos she has chickens, I would dearly love to see her sketches of her chickens.... I dont know anyone here that goes out for breakfast :)....

x

Christy Woolum said...

What a fun way to spend some time. April is always such a kick!

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

CSK--Yes, it was wonderful communicating with April.

MT--I'll figure out a way to show you some of April's chicken sketches. I'll try and find some and post them on my blog. They are great and so fun.

IEG--Yes, she is a kick, and it was great fun!!