4/30/20

Gathering Graces 4/29/2020 Knitting and Frying and Building

I got a text from my sister-in-law Debbie earlier this week, wondering if she could come over and do some social distancing in our backyard so we can catch up.  I thought it sounded like a wonderful idea.

And with Debbie coming over, I decided to get my prayer shawl knitting project out that I have been working on this past year, and have her help me get back on track.



Mission accomplished.  Debbie and I got caught up, she got a tour of some of the new things in our backyard, and I got my knitting back on track...at least until I totally mess it up again.  But at least she is just across town to help again if I get off track.

Great minds thought alike tonight.  I had taken out some rockfish to thaw for dinner, but hadn't really thought about how I was going to fix it.  I think I saw some picture of mention of fish and chips as I was looking online during the afternoon, and thought it might be fun to make my own fish and chips.  Zoe came into my office at some point, asking what was for dinner, and I said I thought it would be fun to make fish and chips.  She said she was thinking the same thing.  So I told her I would make the fish if she wanted to make some homemade chips and homemade tartar sauce.  A plan was made, it was executed beautifully, and we had a very delicious dinner of homemade fish and chips.  I will definitely try this again.


I made an offhand remark a few days ago, saying it would be nice to have another bird house, because our one bird house in the backyard always gets occupied as soon as the swallows arrive.  Well, I am sitting outside on the patio, and all of a sudden, Zoe comes over with a bird house her and her dad had constructed.  Paul put it up on top of one of the poles surrounding the patio, and before I knew it, we had an occupant!


No comments: