6/13/19

Quirky Garden Finds, Half Price Plants and an awesome Community Market Kick off!!

Paul and I scored in a variety of different ways today finding some quirky items to put in our themed gardens around the backyard.  The first was "inheriting" a lawn swing from my sister and her husband, since they purchased a new one.  But this will not be used as a theme.  It will be the centerpiece in one of our themed gardens.  Stay tuned as the garden progresses.

Paul had some items to take to the transfer station, so we decided to drive to Osburn and check out St. Vinnies.  We were in search of a bowling ball that we will transform into a garden gazing ball.  We scored and found a bowling ball, plus a white globe light cover and a perfect silver metallic vase to put in on that will also find a place somewhere in the yard.




Our local Ace Hardware Store put all their plants on sale half off today.  I tried to be very careful and not overdue buying too many.  I think I did pretty good.  I focused mostly on some perennials, but found a yellow climbing rose that will replace the one in my bathtub of roses that did not come back this year.  I purchased three black-eyed susan plants.  For some reason, I cannot, for the life of me, grow this flower and have it winter over and return in the spring.  Maybe if I have three, at least one will return next year.  I also nabbed some salvia and a different coreopsis.  



Then around 5:30 p.m. Paul and I hopped on our bikes and rode over to the Kellogg City Park to partake in the opening evening of the Silver Valley Community Market.  There were lots of vendors, lots of people and the weather was beautiful.  We saw lots of people that we visited with, saw lots of great vendor booths.  Ethereal E provided awesome music.  I look forward to visiting the market every Thursday that I am in town throughout the rest of the summer.




Radio Brewing provided beer and wine for sale.


One of the food vendors was making hot dogs.


Black Kettle Kitchen served some tasty Thai dishes,

Everyone I talked to enjoyed the new set up in the City Park.


We met the owners of Roo's Garden.  

Sandy Pommerening was there selling plants with Riverview Greenhouses.

You could do yoga for an hour to the music of Ethereal E.

Terry Anderson sells his awesome Jala Sauce.  Terry teaches at Kellogg High School with Paul.

More awesome vendors.

You have got to check out Creations by Christina. She takes copper, wood and many other materials to make unique, one of a kind earrings and necklaces.  I bought a pair from her last summer and always get a lot of compliments on them.

More Yoga.

There were craft booths for the kids, and a bubble machine to play in that I saw many kids enjoy.
If you are in Kellogg on a Thursday night between 5 and 8, make your way over to Kellogg City Park and enjoy a great evening.  It is worth the trip!!!

No comments: