6/11/19

June is Busting Out All Over

I love that my garden is a nice mixture of perennials and annuals.

We were fortunate that when we moved into this house, the landscape already had many established perennials growing in the front and back yards.

Come and take a tour of my backyard and see some of the beautiful perennials, those flowers that return each year.  It is like welcoming back an old friend as they return each spring.

Daisies are such a cheery flower, and I have clumps of them here and there throughout the front and back yards.  


I think this particular Columbine was Paul's Grandma Taylors.  I love having "heirloom" plants in the yard.


I also have this pretty pink colored Columbine.  

 I have two Gibraltar Azalea bushes that stand out with their lovely orange blossoms.

I have many clusters of yellow day lilies throughout the yard.  The nice thing is they all don't bloom at the same time.  This one has yet to bloom.





This Dianthus weathered over the winter in this pot.  These come from Mom's yard.  I also had some white ones, but not sure they weathered as well.  
This Centaurea Montana came with us from our former house uptown on McKinley Avenue. It returns faithfully every spring. 

My "big pile of dirt" is a holding place for some of my newer perennials I acquired at different nurseries last fall, or were taken from my Mom's garden beds (now belonging to my brother) last fall as well.  Some may stay her, and some may be moved to another spot somewhere else in the yard.




No comments: